No, not the beer. We just received our first full month gas bill. Let me preface this by saying that we live in a 1300 sqft ranch house. I close the vents in all the rooms except the master bedroom, kitchen, and living room. Its just me and Jes and we leave our thermostat on 69. Our bill came and it was $217!!!
So Jes and I are making some changes.
1. Thermostat stays on 65… yes 65
2. Hot showers are now warm showers
3. Dogs sleep in the bed so they don’t freeze at night and to provide extra body heat for all of us (kinda like we’re foreigners)
4. Thermostat goes to 63 during the day while we’re gone. Sorry Jake.
5. All doors and windows stay closed when dogs are outside.
So, we aren’t quite that cruel. We put a heating pad in Jake’s bed and a little electric heater by his crate in the bedroom. We also added blankets to every possible place in our house. I never knew one family could own so many blankets. I counted 9 blankets for two people. This doesn’t include sheets and comforters. This is just blankets.
9 BLANKETS! Really…
So we are all huddled together trying to keep warm and here is alley, stretched out on our freezing cold floor.
She loves it. It takes a lot to keep her from being happy. That’s why I love my Alley.
I’ve only found one thing that makes her sad and that is being left alone. She hates being alone and I hate having to leave her, but every time I get home she is waiting on me with a huge smile. It makes my day.